Thursday 22 September 2016

'Poutin 'ell' - Kylie Cosmetic review

Unlike the majority I don't keep up with Kardashians. However, Kylie's lip kits caught my eye from the get go. Seen as though I only wear highlighter on my face, my main make up focus is my eyes and lips. After buying my first MAC matte lipstick 'taupe' many months ago I gradually progressed to liquid matte's and I've not looked back since! I'm no makeup fanatic but I have to admit, liquid lipsticks are becoming my guilty pleasure (behind chocolate of course).


I don't have a natural talent for makeup like some, so finding lip liners that actually go with the lipstick I decide to buy is probably much harder than it should be. I think something matches in the store, I get home, (and girls you know how excited you get to try a new purchase out) try it on and realise I've just wasted a fiver that I'll never get back on a lip liner that's completely off colour, so when I realised Kylie's lip kits have both the liner and lipstick all in one I knew I had to try it out.

Now, considering they're not the cheapest items in the world I decided to go for 'Kourt K' which I've already tried and LOVED. The second lip kit I bought was 'Brown Sugar'. The packaging it came in was to die for!

Both lipsticks feel light on your lips, last the full day and even when you go to take them off it can be quite difficult - sneaky tip: put vaseline on your lips then wipe the lipstick off with a makeup wipe. I loved both of the colours and each lip liner was the perfect match. I paid approximately $65 for my order including shipping and it was well and truly worth it. However, I found that there were a few down sides to Kylie's collection. I found that 'Kourt K' wasn't as easy to apply as most liquids and I could only get an even finish by filling my lips in certain places user the lip liner. After a few coats of the lipstick it became quite tacky on the lips ( mind you, I find that with most liquid mattes). The final down side was receiving a note through my letter box stating that my delivery was at the Post Office and before I could receive it I would have to pay an extra £17 - but that's a customs charge so we can't hold Kylie responsible.

Despite the downsides, the positives definitely out weigh them and I can't wait to try out and share more of her collection with you in the future! My eyes are set on the glosses and metal collections!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment